The ambulance took two women, a laboratory technician and a university teacher supervising her work, into a hospital from the University of Debrecen.
According to Debreciner, a local news website, poisonous gas got into the air after the two women opened a container. The technician and the teacher inhaled it. That is why they were taken to the hospital. The National Directorate for Disaster Management said that the leaked material consists of multiple chemical substances. At first, news websites reported about chlorine gas.
The chemistry building of the university was evacuated during the disaster management’s operation. The operation took approximately an hour. Afterwards, everybody could return to their workplaces, except for the two people taken to hospital.
The university has not revealed the type of material that got out into the air as yet. However, the institution started an internal investigation into the issue.
Read alsoFire broke out in the Szent Imre Hospital in Budapest – PHOTOS, VIDEO
please make a donation here