The last three of more than 60 people treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at an ice skating rink in Zalaegerszeg (W Hungary) on Saturday were to be discharged from hospital on Sunday, the doctor on call at the Zala County Hospital told MTI.
Twenty-nine children and two adults were immediately taken to hospital from the rink and 30 more were treated later in the afternoon on Saturday. Three of the children spent the night in hospital for observation. The children, at the rink for an ice hockey match, were all around the age of 14.
An ice-making machine is suspected to be the source of the CO and was seized by police, a spokeswoman for the local police told MTI earlier. The police also launched a case against an unknown perpetrator for gross negligence, said Ingrid Nothoff. Dezso Valics, a spokesman for the National Ambulance Service, said none of the people treated were in serious condition.
Photo: MTI – György Varga
please make a donation here