The central bank has already made the 2018 list of commemorative coins, and there are some curiosities on the list. The football world cup and the Kerepesi Cemetery – among others – will appear on the coins, says napi.hu.
The program of the Hungarian central bank producing commemorative coins will go on next year as well, the list of the prospective coins was published on Monday.
One of the novelties will be the coin shaped like Hungary, but the ways of making the coins will also be increased. There will be coins worn down both chemically and mechanically by a so-called patination process in order to make them look older.
The coin shaped like Hungary will be the first item of the series destined to represent the counties of Hungary. The Central Bank is going to announce a competition for planning the special coin which will most probably be produced in October, 2018.
These topics, events or anniversaries will get commemorative coins next year:
- 200th anniversary of the birth of Artúr Görgey and the 170th anniversary of the Revolution and War of Independence of 1848-49
- XXI. World Cup
- gold forint of Habsburg Albert
- Kerepesi Cemetery
- 175th anniversary of setting the Szózat to music
- Castle of Eger
- 200th anniversary of the birth of Ignác Semmelweis
- 75th anniversary of György Hevesy being awarded a Nobel prize
- coin shaped like Hungary
- 100th anniversary of the end of World War I
Photo: Daily News Hungary