The Face Team Acrobatic Sports Theatre has set no less than 5 new Guinness World Records on the 12th annual Guinness World Records Day, szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu writes.
Out of the six planned world records, the team has managed to set or break five:
- most basketball slam dunks by a team using a trampoline in one minute
- highest throw and catch of a spinning basketball
- farthest forward flip trampette slam dunk
- longest time spinning a basketball on a guitar while playing
- most passes of spinning basketball between a pair in one minute
- farthest basketball shot made while sitting on the court, which was not accepted
The sixth record was rejected due the violation of a technical rule, but according to reports, Tamás Magyar, one of the members of Face Team will try to challenge the record again soon.
About the Face Team
The Face Team is Hungary’s and the world’s first acrobatics sports theatre. They perform extraordinary acrobatic freestyle basketball, handball, korfball and ball juggling shows. The team was formed in 2004, and they have 15 members. Their shows are always tailored to the occasion, and they have performed in Hungary and all over the world more than 1000 times, including events like NBA and FIBA games, international festivals, and circus shows. In 2012, they got into the semi final of Britain’s Got Talent.