There was a brutal explosion in the Nyírbátor Biogas Plant yesterday because of which three workers died on the spot.
According to index.hu, the victims were the employees of a cleaning company tidying the non-functioning fermenter. Dávid Ménes, the regional communication fellow of the National Ambulance Service, acknowledged that the three workers were so seriously burnt that they could not save them.
Nobody knows yet the exact reason for the accident, but authorities keep investigating. Based on local television, the mixture of methane and oxygen gases was in the room where the blast happened. That is very explosive, and even a spark can result in a disaster. Another news website said that the workers were welding on the top of a container when the explosion happened.