Alpár Kató | Dec 8, 2018 | 0
Orbán’s cabinet so far receives over one million responses to nationwide survey
Budapest, May 9 (MTI) – So far, over one million voters have returned their answers by mail or online to the government’s “national consultation” questionnaires, the state secretary of the government office said on Tuesday.
The 1.13 million responses show that the consultation involves timely and important questions that influence the future of Hungary, Csaba Dömötör told a press conference. Participation in the survey running until May 20 represents support for national independence and the government’s policy, he added.
The government expects the participation of those who do not agree with allowing millions of migrants to enter Europe uncontrollably, those who do not want Brussels to force its migration schemes on Hungary and those who want to keep the regulation of taxes, wages and utility fees in national competence, he said.
People can send a powerful message this way not only to Brussels but also to opposition parties in Hungary, he added.
Although Hungary has disputes with decision makers in Brussels, it is invariably on the side of Europe and works for a stronger Europe. It insists, however, that Brussels’ misguided policies that fail to focus on the essential issues need to be reformed so that that “Europe should be able to remain the best place in the world,” he added.
The government launched its survey dubbed “Let’s Stop Brussels” on April 1, sending questionnaires to the whole voter base of about 8 million people and providing a website to answer the questions.