In case of extraordinary circumstances – including medical treatment, relative’s funeral, attending an exam etc. – the Deputy Chief of National Police may authorise entry into the country.
As the Hungarian news portal napi.hu reports, the government decree refers back to the previous rule, according to which the Deputy Chief of National Police may grant an exemption from the ban on entering the country in case of special circumstances.
There are two conditions for this: the health examination did not reveal any suspicion of COVID-19 infection, and the person concerned was registered for the duration of the designated quarantine and the official home quarantine.
- Coronavirus – Hungary-Austria, Balassagyarmat border crossings open to commuters
- Coronavirus – Additional crossing opens to commuters on Hungary-Romania border
According to the current regulation, application for a fairness decision can only be submitted electronically. The content of this shall be established by a decision of the Chief of National Police and published in the Official Gazette. There is no appeal against the decision of the Deputy Chief of Captain, and it cannot be challenged in court.
Circumstances to be taken into special consideration are:
- Participation in a procedural act related to a judicial or official procedure in Hungary, certified by a document issued by a Hungarian court or authority;
- Business activity or other work justified by a central government administrative body, an independent regulatory body or an autonomous public administration;
- Access to health care based on an invitation from a medical institution;
- Fulfilment of an examination obligation on the basis of a student or pupil status, justified by a certificate issued by the educational institution;
- Work related to passenger transport, justified by a certificate issued by the employer;
- Attending a relative’s funeral.
The petition can only be submitted in Hungarian, within the framework of electronic administration via a digital gateway, or by filling in and submitting an intelligent form available on the police website.
please make a donation here