Alpár Kató | Jan 15, 2019 | 0
Orbán cabinet to issue English-language video responses to ‘attacks’ against Hungary – Watch HERE!
The government will issue English-language online video responses addressing “attacks” directed at Hungary, the government spokesman said on Saturday.
The government cannot “let it go without response that Hungary has been offended with the Sargentini report”, Zoltán Kovács said in messages posted on Facebook and Twitter.
“We want to make it clear to the European public that we do not want to become a country of immigrants,” he said.
The message comes in response to the report authored by Dutch Green MEP Judith Sargentini which the European Parliament approved last month. The report criticises the state of the rule of law in Hungary and calls for the Article 7 procedure, which ultimately suspends a member state’s voting rights, to be opened.
The first such video message posted on Facebook and Twitter shows liberal EP group leader Guy Verhofstadt saying that “we need migration”.
It is followed by a list of “facts” such as that “1.8 million migrants have entered the EU since 2015 and millions more wish to come”. It goes on to say that Verhofstadt “wants more migration“.
The video ends with the message that it is “time to shake up Brussels!” and a call of “Let’s protect Europe!”.