Budapest, April 4 (MTI) – Implementation of the European Union-Turkey deal on preventing illegal migration has not shut down illegal migration and does not provide a solution to the problem, the prime minister’s security advisor said on Monday.
György Bakondi told public television M1 that it was likely that the customary Balkan route for migrants had been finally sealed off but a new route would emerge. He said information suggested that people smugglers were now taking migrants in the direction of Albania or Italy.
Meanwhile, in a separate interview to public radio, Bakondi commented on the recent attack on Hungarian servers, saying an investigation was ongoing. He noted that the government’s IT network had received 62,000 denial of service (DoS) attacks in a single day.