Would you like to prepare the best Hungarian doughnut for this year’s carnival? If you follow a good recipe, it can be realised easily enough 😉
This small delicacy is one of the most popular pastries in the carnival period that can be prepared easily by anyone. According to haon.hu, a good recipe is not enough, there is a great emphasis on the technique as well. In order to achieve the desired result, the dough should be kneaded and fermented twice. The first kneading is done after all the ingredients are mixed together.
- 50 g flour (for stretching the dough)
- 2 dl milk
- 4 g powdered sugar
- 3 g yeast
- 4 pcs yolk
- 6 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon rum extract or rum aroma
- 1 lemon (grated zest)
- 1 pinch salt
- Pour the flour into a large bowl while making a large hole in the middle, and pour the warm milk into it. Then add the powdered sugar and the yeast to the milk, followed by the egg yolk, melted butter, vanilla extract, rum, and salt. Mix them and knead the dough until it becomes smooth.
- Cover it with a tablecloth and leave it in a warm place for 1 hour until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it on a surface sprinkled with flour and make round pieces from it. Then cover it with a tablecloth and put it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Slightly push in the centre of the doughnuts, then start to fry the small pastries, the side with the hole facing down. If the first side is ready, turn it over until it becomes fully fried.
- Put the doughnuts on a paper towel and fill them with jam, vanilla cream, or chocolate and add colour dragée and powdered sugar on top. The classic doughnut is served with apricot jam and powdered sugar, describes mindmegette.hu.
Source: haon.hu; mindmegette.hu