Alexandra Béni | Sep 20, 2018 | 0
Top Hungarian programs you should try during the summer
Summertime activities can be difficult to calculate and carry out with a full-time job. However, after reading Wmn.hu’s collection of must-do programs, it is very likely that you would want to skip a workday – or two!
Have you ever felt like you are being left out of summer programs because of your full-time job? When your friends were just hanging near the seaside or spending time at Lake Balaton, you were doing another excel table for your boss – we all know that feeling! The following list contains events and programs that can be enjoyed on workdays after 6 pm, as well as during weekends.
- Go and watch a movie at the Budapest Rooftop Cinema, situated at Corvin Rooftop near Blaha Lujza square. Their featured movies include classics such as The Notebook, Intouchables, or Greese.
- Budapest is full of beautiful marketplaces – visit the most famous Great Market Hall at Fővám Square or go for the familiar, friendly atmosphere at Lehel Market.
- There are several lovely exhibitions in Budapest, as always. We would recommend the Murder exhibition that offers its visitors gruesome stories and many unforgettably creepy minutes.
- Pubs at riverside beaches are definitely a thing in Budapest. Pontoon has activities for day and night, too – partying while the sun wakes up, with beautiful reflections on the Danube is surely a must see in Budapest! Valyo-port at Közvágóhíd offers the same experience with more locals to be found.
- BKK Public Transport boats can be a lot of fun: you can find timetables and ticket information here.
- When taking the BKK boat as recommended in the previous point, you can easily reach the Roman shore, a calm but lovely place near Budapest.
- See our list of recommended parks and hidden treasures in Budapest – another thing worth doing during summertime. If you feel like that, you can visit some parks even barefoot.
- Go to open-air concerts, musical festivals or gastronomy festivals in the city or the countryside. Hungary can offer some truly memorable experiences for the lovers of music.
- Nothing is better than to start the day with reviving jogging – go to the deservedly famous Margaret Island for a morning run to boost your mood.
- Seeking to relax after a stressful day at work? Go to one of the beaches after work, at least the sun is not as dangerous as during the peak period.
- Have a bottle of wine at the Szabadság bridge. The oh-so-popular events of last year are here again – you do not have to do anything else, just sit on the bridge with your friends and have fun, with the bridge closed down from transport.
- Do you always get the feeling that you do not have any time to read the books you planned to? Now is your time to enjoy all those books.
- A picnic in a hidden park – shall I say anything else?
- Lots of companies offer Budapest City tours with unexpected, interesting perspectives. Why not try one?
- Watch the lunar eclipse from the Hármashatár-mountain.
+1: Baths in Budapest have their origins in Roman and Turkish times. Trust me, if you try it, it will be so hard not wanting to go again.
Featured image: www.facebook.com/KardosIldikóPhotography