Good news is that parks and other green spaces in the Hungarian capital will be open for the public during the sunny weekend days. Bad news is that the leadership of Budapest asks everybody not to go to the most popular places to avoid a boom in the spread of the virus.
According to Index, Margaret Island, Hajógyári Island, and many other popular green spaces and city parks in Budapest will open again for the public thanks to the decision of the local government of the capital. However, Gergely Karácsony, the lord mayor of the city, and his team asks everyone not to forget about the rules implemented to keep the spread of the virus under control. Therefore, they suggest everybody organise outdoor activities in less popular places. They recommend everybody to remain close to their residence or discover new and lesser-known parks or places to hike.
- 5+1 ideal picnic locations in Budapest to enjoy nature
- 5 unfrequented places in Budapest to get some fresh air
- Coronavirus – Europe slowly gets back its normal life
To help people, they attached a map where they marked all public green spaces where one can go to enjoy nature:
They say that the nature reserve area in Budapest is almost 860 hectares, and among these, there are many places which are not as well-known, so we can keep the distance there from everybody else while walking, doing sports, or just enjoying the sunshine. Furthermore, they draw attention to how rules must be kept while visiting city parks or other green areas in the city. The most important ones of these are:
- One should not go outdoors – in parks or other public places – if they are unwell.
- Everybody should remain in the neighbourhood of their residence, that is why they gave the map. We should visit city parks to where we can get by foot or bicycle.
- Everybody should avoid crowds.
- If one thinks there are too many people somewhere, they should leave and go find another place.
We collected 5 unfrequented places in Budapest to get some fresh air in THIS article.
please make a donation here