Results of soccer Europa League first-round qualifiers played in Hungary on Thursday:

Debrecen (HUN) – Kukesi (ALB) 3:0 (0:0)

Honved (HUN) – Zalgiris Vilnius (LTU) 3:1 (1:0)

Vidi take a comfortable 5-1 lead into the second leg

Loic Nego struck three times inside the first half to help Vidi to a first leg lead in Montenegro. Further goals close to the end from Juhasz and a lovely free kick from Huszti secured a 5-1 lead.

MOL Fehérvár FC kicked off their Europa League campaign for 2019-2020 at the Podgorica Stadium. The opponents were FK Zeta Golubovci on a nice Thursday evening. There were around 1000 inside the stadium at kick off, which included around 70 that had made the journey from Hungary. Manager Marko Nikolic played the following side in this EL Q1, 1st leg match: Kovácsik – Fiola, Juhász, Elek, Stopira – Pátkai, Nikolov, Hadzic – Nego, Scepovic, Milanov.

The game started off really well for the team from Székesfehervár.

There were two minutes on the clock when Milanov went down the left and Scepovic stepped over the ball for Nego to find the back of the net with a low shot into the bottom left (0-1).

The home side responded with a weak free kick on 9 minutes but it was Vidi that doubled the lead 3 minutes later: Milanov sent a ball in from the left that took a deflection before ending up with Nego volleying home from close range (0-2).

mol vidi fc

Zeta came back after 18 minutes with a goal from Goranovic, whose powerful shot from 17 meters flew into the back of the net (1-2). There was not long to wait for the next goal: Scepovic had a chance and keeper Akovic saved it but the rebound fell to Nego, who was unmarked and scored a lovely goal to make it 1-3.

Neither side made a change at half time with the score at 3-1 to Vidi.

The first chance of the second period came after 9 minutes when Vukcevic struck a powerful shot that brought a save out of Kovacsik. The game then entered a quiet period with the ball being seen mainly in the middle of the pitch. Things then picked up with Juhasz rising to head wide following a free kick and then it was the captain who cleared the danger in his own half shortly later.

Tuzovic shot straight at Kovacsik from 24 meters after 81 minutes, but the visiting keeper dealt with it well. A corner from Huszti after 86 minutes was headed into the roof of the net by captain Roland Juhász to further increase the lead and make it 4-1 on the night. There was still time for a fifth goal as Huszti curled a lovely shot into the net with what was the last kick of the match.

The red and blue will take a 5-1 lead into next week’s second leg at the Pancho Arena in Felcsút.

FK Zeta Golubovci 1-5 (1-3) MOL Fehérvár FC
Goals: Goranovic 18 and Nego 3, Nego 12, Nego 23, Juhász 86, Huszti 93
FK Zeta Golubovci: Akovic — Ceklic, Krstovic (Lambulic 76), Vukcevic (Lambulic 90), Vukcevic (Yamoah 59), Vukcevic, Sekulic, Goranovic, Bosnjak, Milojko, Tuzovic
MOL Fehérvár FC: Kovácsik — Stopira, Elek, Juhász, Fiola — Hadzic, Nikolov, Pátkai (Petrjak 61) — Milanov (Huszti 64), Scsepovics (Futács 80), Nego

2019.07.11. Podgorica, Podgoricai Stadium
Referees: Giorgi VadachkoriaDavit ChigogidzeZaza MenteshashviliGoga Kichacheishvili

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.