Budapest, July 26 (MTI) – Hungary has long-term plans for its Formula One race, Economy Minister Mihaly Varga said ahead of the 30th Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday.
Varga said it was essential that the Hungaroring undergo occasional upgrades for F1 to keep coming back for years to come.
The Hungaroring was therefore upgraded last year, and the government would like to continue the work in the long run, the minister said. Varga said the Hungarian Grand Prix was a profitable investment, adding that organisers needed to agree on the necessary upgrades with FOM leader Bernie Ecclestone in order for the race track to keep its place on the calendar.
On the topic of the three-year 25-billion-forint development programme prepared by managers of the Hungaroring, Varga said the primary goal for organisers was to maintain or possibly increase attendance levels.
Varga said the circuit could undergo modifications in order to make the races more exciting. Details on the upgrades to the Hungaroring can only be revealed with Ecclestone’s approval, the minister added.
please make a donation here