The flu has many victims every winter. How can this virus make so many people sick and what are the most effective means of protection against it?
- The flu is most likely to be spread by droplet infection.
- Symptoms: sore throat, cough, runny or stuffy nose, headache, chills, muscle- and limb pain, fatigue.
- The flu can spread in the air with a speed of 160 km/h.
- Adults can infect others one day before the symptoms and 5-7 days after being infected.
- Pathogens can stay alive on our hands for up to 3 hours.
- On frequently used surfaces (tables, chairs, etc.) the flu can survive for up to 24 hours.
- The temperature is 32° in the nose, which is ideal for the growth of rhinovirus (causing cold).
- If you do not feel good, stay at home.
- During a thorough handwash, ”Happy Birthday” can be singed along twice.
- One of the most effective ways of prevention is washing hands regularly and thoroughly.
- Using antibacterial soaps can further increase the effectiveness of handwashing.
based on article of eletforma.hu
translated by Vivien Pásztai