With the temperatures rising all over the European continent, there is only one sensible way to cool down: a scoop or three of delicious ice cream. But where are the best Europe ice cream parlours? Time to find out!
According to bigseventravel.com, from Italian gelato to refreshing ice pops; from small farms to coastal seaside towns. The seriously Instagrammable stores and scoops that have been served for generations.
We’ve got the very best Europe ice cream parlours…
The judging criteria:
- Finalists were selected from the countries of the European Union
- Every country has at least one entry; some have more than one entry
- Votes were cast in poll of Big 7 readers, across our 1.5million community on social media and by a panel of food experts
- Online reviews, previous media coverage and notable blogs were also included in the overall rating
1. Zanoni & Zanoni – Vienna, Austria
A wonderful place to come for those of you with a sweet tooth. They do great breakfast, cakes and sweets but in reality you are only here for the ice cream.
They’ve been going storng since 1971 so you know they are doing something right. A huge choice of fresh and colourful flavours.
2. Veganista Ice Cream – Vienna, Austria
They’ve tapped right into the biggest trend of the moment, which is of course veganism,
All ingredients are plant based, totally vegan and if possible they try to only select ingredients that are organic and sourced locally.
So, everything here is more healthy for you than normal ice cream but you lose none of the flavour. A win-win.
3. Gelateria Da Vinci – Bruges, Belgium
They’ve been serving up their delicious ice cream now for 18 years and everybody leaves a happy customer.
You can either sit in and have a “coupe” (a large selection with fruits and sauces) or grab a cone and go and wander this stunning city.
4. Gaston – Brussels, Belgium
5. Gelato & Latte Este – Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Luka Ice Cream & Cakes – Split, Croatia
7. Fabio’s Gelato – Cyprus
8. Crème de la Crème – Czech Republic
9. Angelato – Prague, Czech Republic
10. Ismageriet – Copenhagen, Denmark
11. Siciliansk Is – Copenhagen, Denmark
12. Gelato Ladies – Tallinn, Estonia
13. Helsingin Jäätelötehdas – Helsinki, Finland
14. Glace Bachir – Paris, France
15. Arlequin Gelati – Nice, France
16. Cuore di Vetro – Berlin, Germany
17. True & 12 Handmade Ice Cream – Munich, Germany
18. Bizziice Ice Cream Parlor – Frankfurt, Germany
19. DaVinci Gelato – Athens, Greece
20. Gelarto Rosa – Budapest, Hungary
Gelarto Rosa is a small independent chain of artisanal ice cream stores in the heart of Budapest, Hungary.
All their ice cream is made using traditional Italian techniques and their products are all organic. They serve it up in the prettiest little rose shapes you have ever seen.
Check out the full list here