According to the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, from September 3, travelling is allowed to more than 40 countries for Hungarians, but the two weeks of quarantine upon returning remains mandatory along with the restrictions of the destination country.
Napi Turizmus reported that the Ministry communicated the criteria for travelling abroad.
- Participation in court or authority matters,
- Business and work travel,
- International students with duties at foreign universities (exams, courses, etc.),
- Trading and trafficking between countries,
- Family events with no other appointment (wedding, funeral, etc.),
- Taking care of a family member unable to take care of him/herself due to health problems,
- Sports, cultural, and religious events of the highest significance and importance.
If someone travels with one of the reasons above, that particular destination is no longer in category I (countries where travelling is not recommended) but category II (countries where travelling is allowed with epidemic measures).
The countries are the following:
United States of America
Countries not featured on the list above are still not recommended destinations. Returning from any country in the world, Hungarian citizens are obligated to spend two weeks in quarantine.
Featured image: Budapest Airport
Read alsoCoronavirus – Travel restrictions key to security, says foreign minister
please make a donation here