A video went viral on TikTok showing how the central Christmas tree in Budapest’s famous Advent Basilica Christmas market caught fire and burned for seconds.
The Christmas fair in front of Budapest’s iconic Saint Stephen Basilica opened a couple of weeks before, and the organisers placed a big, decorated Christmas tree in its centre. That caught fire on Thursday afternoon.
A man dressed in a black T-shirt reacted quickly. He rushed to the tree and extinguished the fire in just seconds. Thankfully, nobody got injured, and there was no considerable property damage.
The organisers of the Advent Basilica said in a statement that they investigated what happened after they averted the danger. According to the experts, the factory defect in the Christmas lighting caused the fire. The event organisers said they prevented all dangers, Index.hu wrote.
Advent Basilica was chosen Europe’s best for the third time consecutively in 2022.