Vogue listed the best cafés of Budapest
It seems like the illustrious magazine is dazzled by Budapest, as it covers more and more topics regarding the life of the city. They recently shared an article about the historic baths of Budapest, and now they went on by discovering the coffee and café scene in the city.
The journalist admits that it would be a pity to miss out on the classic, Old World cafés of the city, like the Centrál Kávéház, but she recommends visiting the new wave cafés in espresso breaks. They’ve been living their heydays in the last couple of years, as people started to appreciate premium beans and the work of skilled, passionate baristas.
Listed below are the cafés mentioned in the article:
- My Little Melbourne – A small place with a busy terrace close to Madách Square, where you can enjoy killer flat whites and lemon tarts.
- Tamp & Pull – Works with Has Bean coffee from the UK in unique roasts like Brazilian Yellow Bourbon.
- Espresso Embassy – One of the pioneers of the quality coffee trend. It’s usually packed with students, professors and tourists who enjoy the wide selection and the friendly atmosphere.
- Dose Espresso – A quiet place, where you should try an Acme & Co. cup of filtered Guatemalan along with some muesli.
- Double Shot – The quality coffee is accompanied by divine dishes like juicy pulled pork sandwiches.
- Ébresztő – The place feels like a gallery but it’s actually a big coffee market with shops of different characters.
- Tényleg – Fudgy Peruvian cortados and Nutella-plum cakes…do we need to say more?
- Madal Café – Its latest outpost is close to the Parliament and welcomes coffee lovers with a vegan pasta bar.
- WarmCup – The owner uses Populus beans from Berlin, and makes drinks for his guests from cold drip coffee tonics with orange, to brews playfully served in decanters.
- Kontakt – As the Nordic-inspired décor suggests, the beans mostly come from Scandinavia.
- On the peaceful Buda side of the city: Kelet, Bruberi Coffee & Bakery, Kaffeine, Steamhouse and Major.
You can read more about these places here.