There were not many new names featured on the top 12 list of the best Hungarian restaurants at the Dining Guide’s awards.
The Volkswagen-Dining Guide Award Gala presented with some awards the chefs who prepare fine dining dishes each day. This year, just like the last, there were 10+2 chefs awarded, as well as a list of honorary mentions, reported Turizmus Online.
Szilárd Tóth from SALT received two awards for his extraordinary style kitchen, while Richárd Farkas from Pajta received Dining Guide’s first-ever “green” award. The “Lovable Restaurant of the Year” award was handed out for the first time, received by Két Szerecsen Bisztró, who have never been on the list before. The chef of another recently opened place, Laurel, was awarded the “Young Talented Chef of the Year” title. Freyja and the “perfect croissants” were also among the winners.
The Restaurant of the Year award went to Stand Étterem.
- Arany Kaviár – Chef: László Kanász
- Babel Budapest – Chef: István Veres
- Borkonyha – Chef: Ákos Sárközi
- Costes – Chef: Miguel Vieirea
- Costes Downtown – Chef: Miguel Vieirea
- Onyx – Chef: Ádám Mészáros
- Pasztell – Chef: János Erdei
- SALT – Chef: Szilárd Tóth
- St. Andrea Restaurant – Chef: Ádám Barna
- Stand – Chefs: Tamás Széll, Szabina Szulló
- Stand 25 – Chefs: Tamás Széll, Szabina Szulló
- Textúra – Chef: Ákos Sárközi
Dining Guide’s special awards in 2020:
- Dining Guide Römerquelle Sustainability Award: Pajta
- Dining Guide Innovative Kitchen of the Year Award: SALT
- Dining Guide Master Good Promising Restaurant of the Year Award: Pasztell
- Dining Guide Chef of the Year Award: Ádám Mészáros, Onyx
- Dining Guide Miele Young Talented Chef of the Year Award: Ádám Mede, Laurel Budapest
- Dining Guide Restaurant Service of the Year Award: Arany Kaviár Étterem
- Dining Guide Törley Pezsgőmanufaktúra Lovable Restaurant of the Year Award: Két Szerecsen Bisztró
- Dining Guide Life-work Award: József Pergel, Déryné Bisztró
- Dining Guide Rural Restaurant of the Year Award: Anyukám Mondta
- Dining Guide Alternative Restaurant of the Year Award: Freyja – the croissant story
- Dining Guide ZAX Confectionary of the Year: Mihályi Patisserie