PrivateProxy server hides your identity without much effort.
Anonymous proxy servers, also known as PrivateProxy anonymous private proxy, are servers that work through Web forms so that all Internet requests are first filtered through the forms, thus essentially hiding your identity.
It is not difficult to set up devices to use anonymous proxies. As in the case of HTTP or SOCKS proxy servers, instead of configuring the proxy server address as in a web browser, you can use the Internet as you normally would, but you can use the Internet through a proxy site.
What is a proxy server?
When using the Internet, you often hear the terms “proxy” and “proxy server.
For those who don’t know them, they may seem like “? But since they are used in various places, it is good to know at least what they mean.
The word “proxy” is written “proxy” and means “substitute”. It is a server that accesses a website on behalf of your computer. This proxy server technology can play a variety of roles.
- The first role is to connect the internal and external networks. To prevent unauthorized access from the outside, a system called a firewall is used, but this does not allow connection to the Internet. A proxy server can then be used to access the Internet on behalf of the client, thus protecting security.
- The second role is the cache function. If a site that has been accessed once remains in the proxy server’s cache, it can be displayed more quickly when a user accesses it again. Since this can measure the speed of access, providers, and others install proxy servers to enhance the caching function.
- Proxy servers are now often used to hide one’s identity. They get information from the Internet on behalf of your own computer, so you don’t have to know our IP address. Such proxies are sometimes specifically referred to as “anonymous proxies.
- Using this proxy server, you can post on an online bulletin board with your identity hidden. Recently, however, because of frequent acts of vandalism and self-moderation in chat rooms, etc., posting via a proxy server is denied in some cases.
- In addition, since a record of access to a proxy server will remain, it is not possible to aim for complete anonymity.
- Since proxies are also called proxies, it is also common to see posts written as “pro-skewers” or “skewering”.
What does an anonymous proxy do?
- Anonymous proxies are designed to increase your privacy on the network by hiding the public IP address published by your Internet Service Provider and routing all traffic through different public servers and addresses.
- These proxies can help people avoid blocks of content from certain websites placed on IP addresses in certain countries. There is no reason to block a site when it believes the request is coming from a supported country. For example, if you want to use a site that is only available to Canadians, then you can use a Canadian proxy server to load the page.
- When you are on a network that blocks the XYZ site but not the proxy site, a similar proxy server example appears, in which case you can use that proxy server to access XYZ.
What to look for in anonymous proxies
When evaluating which proxy to use, look for a reputable brand name and run it at an acceptable speed. Web browsing sessions through anonymous proxies are usually not as fast as normal browsing due to the additional translation overhead involved in going through a proxy server.
If you need to use a Web proxy frequently, consider upgrading from a free proxy to a paid proxy service plan that offers higher performance and better quality of service guarantees.
Proxies and VPNs: Are they the same?
Anonymous proxies work differently from virtual private networks (VPNs) because they only handle network traffic that runs through the browser using the proxy. On the other hand, a VPN can be set up for the entire device to use it, which includes programs and other non-web browser traffic.
In addition, some VPNs are configured to automatically connect you to the server when the computer starts up. Proxies are not always on and are not nearly as “smart” because they only work within the confines of a Web browser session.
Difference between through a router and through a proxy server
By going through a proxy server, the information of the access source can be hidden from the web server.
For example, if a company’s internal PC accesses an external Web server directly from a proxy server, the internal information will not be shown to the outside world. This is a good way to improve security because it is difficult for the outside world to see internal information.
Passing through firewalls
Older VPN protocols (such as L2TP/IPSec and PPTP) often cannot pass through firewalls, but the PacketiX VPN protocol can pass through most types of firewalls. The SoftEther VPN protocol communicates as a TCP/IP connection is encrypted using SSL and uses HTTPS (port 443) to establish the connection with the same protocol sequence as a normal HTTPS connection, so most firewalls will accept it as an HTTPS connection.
Direct TCP/IP connection
A “direct TCP/IP connection” is used in an environment where an IP connection between the VPN client computer and the VPN server computer can only be established through direct IP routing. For example, if both the VPN client computer and the VPN server computer are directly connected to global IP addresses on the Internet, or if there is a conventional NAT or transparent firewall between them, select a direct TCP/IP connection.
Connecting through a SOCKS proxy server
Even if you cannot use a direct TCP/IP connection, you can still connect to the VPN server through a SOCKS proxy server.
To connect to the VPN server via a SOCKS proxy server, select [Connect via SOCKS proxy server], click the [Proxy connection settings] button, and enter the required items. If you have any questions about what to enter in the Proxy Connection Settings dialog box, please contact your SOCKS server administrator.
please make a donation here