The Hungarian Disaster Management Agency told the Hungarian News Agency (MTI) today morning that a sauna in a two-storey building caught on fire in the 2nd district of Budapest.
Péter Kolozsi, the deputy spokesperson of the disaster management agency, told MTI that a sauna on the ground floor was on fire. The flames devoured 20-30 square metres of the bath, he added. Magyar Hang reported that firefighters managed to extinguish the fire and were ventilating the building covered in smoke at 9-10 am this morning. Beforehand, they emptied the bath. Based on their report, two people needed medical attention. MTI said that
a sauna in the famous Szent Lukács bath was on fire this morning.
Telex.hu wanted confirmation about the events from the bath, but they could not reach them yet. On the bath’s website, they wrote that it will stay closed until 10 am. They added that the thermal section will not operate for an indefinite period of time, just like the drinking fountain. After 10, the saunas opened again.
Source: telex.hu, Magyar Hang