If you decide to visit the world-famous Christmas market in Vienna, you can already start getting into the advent spirit on your way there, in the buffet car. The Hungarian railway company prepared a festive menu just for the advent period.
It is not so easy to stumble upon a buffet car when travelling with Hungarian railway company MÁV. However, we can still enjoy a buffet car meal when we are travelling internationally, for example, from Budapest to Vienna, Austria.
- Great! RegioJet has plans for long-distance trains on the route Prague – Vienna – Budapest
- No. of people using Hungarian railway for international travel increases
Femina reports that every Saturday during the advent period, MÁV operates its express trains (7 December, 14 December) and EuroCity train (21 December) to make the journey easier. Vienna is a popular destination this time of year due to its world-famous Christmas market.
Furthermore, MÁV also surprises its “advent passengers” with a special festive menu. The goal is to help people get into the festive spirit while travelling to one of the most Christmassy cities in Europe.
The festive menu includes:
- Creamy Pumpkin soup with roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil
- Stuffed cabbage with sour cream
- Roasted duck, mashed potatoes with onion, and steamed purple cabbage
- Sausages, mashed potatoes with onion, and steamed purple cabbage
- Zserbó cake with whipped cream.
- Mulled white wine (2 dl)
Featured image: www.mavnosztalgia.hu