Kecskemét, 2017. június 21. A “parndorfi ügyként” elhíresült, 71 ember halálát okozó eset elsõrendû vádlottját kísérik a Kecskeméti Törvényszék tárgyalótermébe 2017. június 21-én. A Bács-Kiskun Megyei Fõügyészség embercsempészés és más bûncselekmények miatt emelt vádat 1 afgán, 9 bolgár, illetve 1 bolgár és libanoni, kettõs állampolgárságú férfi ellen 2017 májusa elején. A vád szerint a bûnszervezet tagjai 2015. augusztus 26-án hajnalban 71 embert zártak be egy belülrõl nem nyitható, sötét, szellõzés nélküli hûtõkamionba. A Kecskemétrõl a határra tartó hûtõkocsiban 59 férfi, 8 nõ és 4 gyermek az indulástól számított három órán belül, még magyar területen, gyötrelmes körülmények között megfulladt. MTI Fotó: Ujvári Sándor

The driver of the refrigerated lorry that transported 71 migrants found dead in Austria said in court on Thursday that he had not stopped the vehicle because he feared for his life and was in any case convinced that the migrants were safe.

Speaking on the fourth day of the criminal trial in southern Hungary, the driver said he had acted on the instructions of the first, second and third accused in fear of his life.

He said he had stopped the vehicle just once, when the third accused filled up the tank with fuel from a can.

The driver insisted that the first accused had been prepared to execute the 71 migrants.

As we wrote, the primary and secondary defendants in the case of 71 dead migrants found abandoned at their trial currently ongoing in Kecskemét.

Photo: MTI

Source: MTI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.