Sleeping in Airports portal made a list based on visitors’ opinion ranking Europe’s best and worst airports. Hungarian Liszt Ferenc International Airport finished among the better ones, in the midfield, turizmusonline.hu reports.
Travellers valued airports based on comfort, food options, security, cleanliness, navigation and ease of transit, and customer service.
In Europe, Helsinki Vantaa airport was chosen as the best one, which – according to customers – is clean and offers a bit of luxury to the travellers. It is followed by, in order,
- Munich International Airport, Germany
- Tallinn International Airport, Estonia
- Zurich Kloten International Airport, Switzerland
- Amsterdam Schiphol International Airport, Netherlands,
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport, Sweden (ARN)
- Copenhagen Kastrup Airport, Denmark
- Dublin International Airport, Ireland
- Porto Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, Portugal
- Vienna International Airport, Austria,
Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport just slipped out of top ten, it was ranked 14th. The airport of Warsaw reached 16th place, Prague is the 25th.
According to voters, the worst airport is Heraklion International Airport in Greece, but the list includes Paris Beauvais–Tillé, London Luton Airport, both airports in Berlin, and Rome Ciampino International Airport as well.
According to the overall ranking in the world, the best airport is Singapore Changi International Airport, which is followed by Seoul Incheon International Airport and Tokyo Haneda International Airport.
Helsinki-Vantaa is number four in the overall ranking.