An announcement about the new management of Index has been issued.
“In recent weeks, there has been major public and media interest regarding the change in the editorial board of Index, during which the vast majority of the former editorial board decided to leave the newspaper,” the announcement stated, 444 reported. The most important goal remains to preserve the independence and unique tone of the newspaper, so the rebuilding of the editorial office began.
The first phase of the reconstruction of Index has been completed, with new management being set up for the site. Pál Szombathy will start as Editor in Chief and CEO. He was appointed to this position by the chairman of the board.
The new management line-up is the following:
- Pál Szombathy: CEO and Editor in Chief (former Editor in Chief of Magyar Televízió – A Hét, Editor in Chief of Magyar Hírlap, the host of Á la carte, and the host of Digisport Reggeli Start)
- András Sztankóczy: Strategic Director and Chief Editor
- Szonja Kitzinger: Deputy Editor in Chief for Economy, Culture, and Entertainment (former employee of Magyar Rádió, Figyelő, and Marquard Media)
- Gergely Ákos Balogh: Deputy Editor in Chief for Organisational Development (professor and former Director of Communications at Corvinus University, and the founding Editor in Chief of Mandiner)
- Zoltán Fekete-Szalóky: News Director (responsible editor of Inforádió for 18 years)
Not only the management has been reconstructed, but almost 30 new staff members will start editorial work in the coming days, such as columnists, senior editors, and journalists.
The main goal of the management is to ensure the newspaper runs smoothly and to provide their readers with diverse content of good quality, just like in previous years.
Read alsoPro-govt Hungarian businessman buys huge stake in top Hungarian news portal Index
Read alsoAlmost entire staff quits – An update on the Index case
Read alsoIndex affair triggers demonstration in Budapest – Photos
please make a donation here