Swiss programs provide high quality education for students and schoolchildren — with this advantage, schools and colleges attract students from all over the world. In Switzerland, education is available in several languages at once: English, German, Italian, French, which also gives students the opportunity to learn several foreign languages at once.
The best teachers are invited to the colleges in Switzerland to maintain an excellent quality of study, and the campuses are equipped with the most modern equipment for comfortable and effective learning. During their studies, the foreign students broaden their horizons, gain a lot of new knowledge and make acquaintances with representatives of different countries.
Colleges in Switzerland – offered programs
Many foreign students prefer to start with international colleges in order to be guaranteed to enter a university in the future. For those whose admission to a higher education institution is not the main goal, you can continue studying at college and get a quality education in the same way. Colleges in Switzerland usually do not conduct entrance tests: for admission, you only need to collect the necessary documents and speak a foreign language in which you will conduct studying. If the level of knowledge of the language is not sufficient to understand the program, additional linguistic classes are available for foreign students.
Below the list of educational programs with main features in the best colleges in Switzerland is provided:
- International Baccalaureate, IB – the program was developed in International School of Geneva. The program includes 4 stages:
- Primary Years
- Middle Years
The IB program is designed for students aged 16-19 and lasts for two years. 6 disciplines are studied compulsory: language, literature, sciences, Mathematics, arts, societies. For student’s attention various courses are offered with emphasis on studying of discipline group. Additionally, international students can pass courses in philosophy, service program and write 4000-word essay.
- A-level, IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education)
IGCSE is a British program, which is equivalent to school grades 10 and 11. During course students study various disciplines, namely Mathematics, English, humanities and sciences. After passing IGCSE course, the foreign students can enrol on A-level program, aimed at in-depth studying of interested subjects. The certificate of A-level is accepted by ranking universities, located in Great Britain, North America and European countries.
- High School Diploma and Advanced Placement
If a foreign student wants to receive an American certificate, it is better to pass high school diploma program. This course stipulates the intensive preparation for successful passing of College Board SAT exams.
How to choose international college in Switzerland?
The best colleges in Switzerland create all opportunities for harmonic development of all personal aspects of each student. The choice of the college in Switzerland depends on several factors:
- Duration of studying
- Age of student
- Language of studying
- Chosen educational program
- Extracurricular program.
The foreign students study in multicultural environment, which contributes to significant improvement of language skills. Lessons are conducted in English, French, German or native language of the school. International students study in small classrooms, contributing to active academic progress. The form of studying is full boarding.
List of colleges in Switzerland – TOP-3
- Modern College Du Leman in Geneva prepares students for enrolment in the university, gives secondary education, teaches in French, English. A-level is a preparation course for enrolment in the universities of Great Britain. Having the certificate of passing this course exempts the applicant from taking additional entrance exams. Swiss Federal Maturite provides high quality preparation of foreign students for studying in Swiss university. According to the French Baccalaureate program, students are preparing for admission to French higher education institutions.
- College Beau Soleil in Villars is a leading bilingual school with available programs in international and French sections: GCSE, International Baccalaureate, Advanced Placement, French Baccalaureate. In addition to compulsory academic classes, the international students are offered a wide choice of electives. The college is located at an altitude of 1300 meters in the Swiss Alps — it is visited annually by representatives of more than 40 nationalities.
- Lemania College in Lausanne is a prestigious international college with available programs: French Baccalaureate, International Baccalaureate, Schweizer Maturitat. Each of the programs further helps to enrol in the university of Switzerland, France, Europe, USA. Duration of the programs varies from 1 to 3 years.
please make a donation here