metro 3 new line
Photo: MTI

There was a short circuit at one of the stations in the northern stretch of Metro line 3, and the metro was out of service for a couple of hours Wednesday morning. Passengers had to use replacement buses again because a cable caught fire thanks to the busy work of a tiny rodent.

The recently revamped northern stretch of Metro line 3 has just been opened to the public again, and it was already out of service just a couple of weeks later. People who were busy to get to work in the morning on Wednesday had to use replacement buses instead of the metro.

Passengers were told to leave the carriages due to “a technical problem” on Wednesday morning (10 April), Index reports. People had to travel with replacement buses between Újpest-központ and Árpád híd metro stations, which is the most recently renovated stretch of Metro line 3.

It turned out that a cable caught fire inside an electric cabinet at the Gyöngyös Street metro station. People noticed smoke coming out of one of the electric cabinets, but it was soon put out with the use of a fire extinguisher.

The station obviously had to be cleared out due to the smoke. Luckily, nobody was hurt. Firemen were able to ventilate the area pretty soon. The incident happened around 9 p.m., and the metro was in service again by 11 a.m.

Index later reported that the short circuit was caused by a rat inside the electric cabinet.

Authorities claimed that while the northern stretch of the metro line was being renovated, it was not possible to hermetically seal the area. Thus, it is possible that the rodent got inside the electrical cabinet during construction. There was also an extended amount of earthwork involved as well.

Featured image: MTI/Mohai Balázs

Source: www.index.hu

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.