ZalaZone, Hungary’s new test track for self-driving vehicles in the western city of Zalaegerszeg, has set up a joint venture with Austrian engineering company AVL with a view to ensuring the track’s financial sustainability, the innovation and technology minister said in Zalaegerszeg on Monday.
AVL-ZalaZone will be responsible for running the business side of the test track, including marketing, business development and ensuring the conditions necessary for conducting the tests, Palkovics said.
AVL Hungary has a 74 percent stake in the joint venture set up last month, with the remaining 26 percent owned by Autóipari Probapálya Zala Kft, the project company behind the track, he added.
The joint venture will also be responsible for putting together the testing price offers and client contracts, Palkovics said. He added, at the same time, that
testing services offered for companies and the research-oriented use of the track would continue to be managed by Autóipari Probapálya Zala.
- Hungarian-Israeli JV to develop self-driving bus communications system
- Self-driving vehicle test track opens in Hungary – Photos