Veganism is one of the fastest growing lifestyle choices of the moment, yet there’s still an idea that vegan food can be bland and tasteless. Well, that’s just not true. Plant produce is an exciting and delicious way to eat and it’s healthy AF.
Big 7 Travel has scoured the globe for the restaurants that are pushing plant-based eating into a new light. From tiny vegan bistros to ethical fine dining experiences and fish-free sushi joints, these are the best of the best.
While not all finalists have a 100% plant menu, they all play their part in promoting vegan choices and opening up the conversation towards a plant-based lifestyle.
The 50 Best Vegan Restaurants in Europe 2019 showcase how creative vegan dishes can be. Whether you’ve made the switch to veganism or not, these restaurants are a must-visit. Get ready for some serious food envy…
The judging criteria:
- Finalists were selected from across the European Union
- Restaurants were chosen on their dedication to plant-based food and sustainable and seasonal menus; while not all finalists have a 100% plant menu, they all play their part in promoting vegan choices and opening up the conversation towards a plant-based lifestyle
- Votes were cast in poll of Big 7 readers, across our 1.5million community on social media and by a panel of food experts
- Online reviews, previous media coverage and notable blogs were also included in the overall rating
Best vegan-friendly restaurants in Europe:
10th. Joia – Milan, Italy
9th. Lucky Leek – Berlin, Germany
8th. Acorn – Bath, United Kingdom
7th. Vegab – Krakow, Poland
6th. Miss Saigon – Lisbon, Portugal
5th. Gemyse – Copenhagen, Denmark
4th. Kopps – Berlin, Germany
3rd. Pied à Terre – London, United Kingdom
This Michelin fine dining restaurant offers vegetarian and vegan menus. A whole 10 courses of incredible produce, presented in ways that are fresh and exciting. Eating here is an unforgettable experience.
2. Great Bistro – Budapest, Hungary
Great Bistro certainly lives up to its name – it really is great. Expect vegan, gluten free, and gourmet fine dining at this bistro that whips up delicious foods from all over the world. The owners have a huge passion for sustainability and veganism and you’ll see that reflected in every bite.
1st. Soul Kitchen – Turin, Italy
This incredibly stylish restaurant is fully vegan and has raw options also. Upscale without being snotty, Soul Kitchen perfectly proves all that is good about vegan food: it’s full of flavour, looks beautiful and allows chefs to really push the boundaries. Head Chef Luca Andre is a master in the kitchen here.
A perfect example? This silky fresh pasta dish with herbs, buttered truffle and fresh truffle with celeriac cream and Jerusalem artichoke. Perfection.
Source: Big 7 Travel – press release