In Hungary, daylight saving time begins on Sunday 26 March. The clocks will officially be set forward from 2 AM to 3 AM. Some domestic and international train timetables will be affected. On Volánbus, some bus services will also be affected.
Hungary has not yet decided whether to abolish the clock change, Index reports. We will therefore set our clocks forward on 26 March. The Hungarian State Railways (MÁV) has already published the list of domestic trains affected by the start of the daylight saving time.
The replacement bus of the S72 (2020) passenger train departing from Nyugati railway station to Esztergom at 2:25 AM will depart for Angyalföld after the clock change at 3 AM (daylight saving time). The train will run from Angyalföld to Esztergom according to the track closure timetable (vágányzári menetrend).
The passenger train (4780) from Déli railway station to Székesfehérvár at 1:40 AM is not running.
The passenger train from Déli railway station to Székesfehérvár at 2:40 AM (4790) will depart 20 minutes later, at 3 AM.
The S70 train (2320) from Nyugati railway station to Szob at 1:50 AM is not running.
The S70 train (2310) to Szob from Nyugati railway station at 12:50 AM will be replaced by a replacement bus to Rákospalota-Újpest. From there, the train will run according to the track closure timetable – with a 60 minute delay between Kismaros and Szob due to the clock change.
The replacement bus of the S70 (2330) passenger train departing from Nyugati railway station to Szob at 2:50 AM will depart 10 minutes later, at 3 AM to Rákospalota-Újpest. From there, the train will run according to the track closure timetable.
The S50 train (2610) from Nyugati railway station to Szolnok at 12:43 AM will run 60 minutes later between Cegléd and Szolnok, arriving to Szolnok at 3:24 AM instead of 2:24 AM.
The train S50 (2620) from Nyugati railway station to Szolnok at 1:43 AM is not running.
The passenger train from Nyugati railway station to Debrecen (6020) departing at 2:38 AM will depart 22 minutes later, at 3 AM.
The Cívis InterRégio (6009) from Debrecen to Nyugati railway station departing at 2:30 AM will depart 30 minutes later at 3 AM. From Szolnok, it will continue according to the schedule of the G50 train number 2849, therefore the Szolnok-Cegléd passenger train (2849) will depart 30 minutes earlier, at 4:10 AM.
The passenger train number 36710 from Debrecen to Nagykereki at 1:50 AM will run 60 minutes later between Sáránd and Nagykereki.
The passenger train number 36719 from Nagykereki to Debrecen at 3:30 AM will also run according to a modified timetable.
The S60 train (3410) from Keleti railway station to Sülysáp at 1:50 AM will run 60 minutes later between Rákos and Sülysáp.
The G60 train (3319) from Szolnok to Keleti railway station at 2:58 AM will depart 2 minutes later, at 3 AM.
The first S21 passenger train (2919) from Lajosmizse to the capital will depart 15 minutes later, at 3 AM instead of 2:45 AM.
Tram-train number 33004 departs from Szeged railway station at 1:30 AM, arrives at Hódmezővásárhely Népkert station at 3:03 AM (daylight saving time), and continues to Hódmezővásárhely railway station with a 60 minute delay. The tram-train (33006) from Szeged at 2:30 AM is not running.
Tram-train number 33003 departs from Hódmezővásárhely railway station at 1:34 AM (winter time), arrives at Rókus station at 3:04 (daylight saving time) and continues to Szeged railway station with a 60 minute delay. The tram-train (33005) from Hódmezővásárhely railway station at 2:34 AM is not running.
MÁV has announced which train services will be on hold in Hungary due to the time change.
- The Dacia international high-speed train 347 between Vienna and Bucharest departs from Békéscsaba at 1:31 AM. It arrives in Lőkösháza at 3:02 AM (DST) and departs at 3:39 AM with a 60 minute delay.
- The Dacia international high-speed train 346 between Bucharest and Vienna departs from Lőkösháza at 3:03 AM (DST) and is 60 minutes late.
- The Corvin international high-speed train 404 between Cluj-Napoca and Szolnok is running with a delay of about 50-60 minutes between Püspökladány and Szolnok.
- The Corvin 405 international high-speed train between Szolnok and Cluj-Napoca will be delayed by about 60 minutes from Berettyóújfalu due to clock change.
Overnight trains departing on 25 March will arrive one hour late at their destination abroad:
- The Muntenia InterCity (IC 79) departing from Keleti railway station to Bucharest at 3:10 PM.
- The Corona InterCity (IC 407) departing from the Keleti railway station to Brasov at 5:40 PM.
- The Ister InterCity (IC 473) departing from the Keleti railway station to Bucharest at 7:10 PM.
- The Metropol EuroNight (EN 476) departing from Nyugati railway station at 7:29 PM to Brečlav, with direct coaches to Prague, Berlin, Warsaw.
- Hortobágy EuroCity (EC 149) from the Keleti railwy station via Záhony to Chop at 7:40 PM
- The Kálmán Imre EuroNight (EN 462) from Keleti railwy station at 8:40 PM via Vienna to Salzburg, with direct coaches to Zurich and Stuttgart.
- The Dacia-Corvin high-speed train (347) from Keleti railway station via Békéscsaba and Lőkösháza to Bucharest at 10:45 PM.
On 26 March, the following international passenger trains will arrive in Budapest about 60 minutes later:
- Dacia high-speed train (346) from Bucharest – with direct coaches from Cluj Napoca – arriving at 5:20 AM at the Keleti railway station.
- Hortobágy EuroCity (EC 140) from Chop (with direct coaches between Kyiv and Vienna) to the Keleti railway station at 8:20 AM.
- Metropol EuroNight (EN 477) from Brečlav (Warsaw, Berlin, Prague direct coaches) to Nyugati railway station at 8:29 AM.
- Ister InterCity (IC 472) from Bucharest to Keleti railway station at 8:50 AM.
- Corona InterCity (IC 406) from Brasov to Keleti railway station at 9:20 AM.
- Kálmán Imre EuroNight (EN 463) from Salzburg (with direct coaches from Zurich and Stuttgart) to Keleti railwy station at 10:49 AM.
- Muntenia InterCity (IC 78) from Bucharest to Keleti railway station at 12:50 PM.
Read alsoHungarian public transport company to increase prices drastically