The teams and fans using dedicated charter aircraft will use specific routes within the airport, which no other passengers can enter during this time. In the interests of safety and to avoid any possible difficulties, the supporters of the two finalist teams arriving on these dedicated charter aircraft will arrive at and depart from two different locations. Roma fans will exit the airport from Terminal 2 at a dedicated area, while Budapest Airport will reopen Terminal 1 for Sevilla fans over these two days. To make passenger handling as seamless as possible, volunteers will also be on hand to help fans during these two days at the airport, bud.hu wrote.
Important modifications at Budapest Airport
Due to the increased volume of passengers expected during the affected period, Budapest Airport asks passengers arriving or departing on these days to take the following considerations into account when planning their trips:
- In order to reach their flights safely, please aim to arrive at least two and a half hours before the departure of your flight or earlier if indicated by your airline.
- Monitor the schedule and route changes that will be in effect during the event on the website of the Budapest public transport operator BKK.
- Unlike usual, coaches will stop at the bus terminal in the new, temporarily opened Terminal Parking, 2 minutes’ walk from the entrance.
- People arriving by car or taxi should be aware of possible road closures and congestion, and should allow more time than usual for their trip. Taxis should be booked as early as possible.
- Check on the monitors at the terminals or on our website which security checkpoint in Terminals 2A or 2B offers faster access to the boarding gates, as queue times will be displayed.
- If checking in baggage, look at the monitors in the check-in halls to see if they can use the self-service baggage drop-off kiosks for faster check-in.
- Due to the increased passenger traffic, scheduled flights may be delayed. Passengers will find the latest information on their airlines’ or Budapest Airport’s website.
Budapest Airport’s call center team (+36 1 296 7000) will be happy to help in case of any questions.