Curfew restrictions introduced in late March to contain the novel coronavirus epidemic are still very much in force, a spokesman of the operative board coordinating the response to it said on Saturday.
Róbert Kiss called on the public to stay at home and only leave if there’s a pressing need.
Under a government decision, the restrictions will remain in force until May 3, he noted in an online press conference.
The government will then issue a decree on lifting them gradually, so that normal life can be gradually resumed under a strict schedule, he added.
Local authorities are free to issue their own decrees to tighten regulations within their own localities if needed, he said.
In the past 24 hours, police have taken action in 1,545 instances of breaches of curfew rules, a record number so far.
A total of 696 people have been issued warnings, 459 have been fined, while misdemeanour charges have been filed against 390, he said.
In the past 24 hours, 536 home quarantines have been ordered, with 10,942 active home quarantine cases in effect, the spokesman said.
Read alsoHungarian seamstresses give people hope through beautifully embroidered masks
please make a donation here