The number of people in Hungary testing positive for the new coronavirus has increased to 39, koronavirus.gov.hu reported on Monday morning.
So far, 29 Hungarians, 9 Iranians and one British citizen have been quarantined with a confirmed case of coronavirus and one man has died, the website said.
A total of 1,436 tests have been conducted in Hungary, while 159 people are currently in isolation. A search for possible contacts of the new cases is under way.
The government information website for disseminating information on the coronavirus outbreak has been hit by a Denial-of-Service attack which overwhelmed its infrastructure, a government official has said.
The National Infocommunications Service Company and the National Cybersecurity Institute are investigating the source of the attack on koronavirus.gov.hu, Csaba Dömötör, a state secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office, said.
“Whoever launched this attack, they have to be aware that not only will they have to face legal consequences, but they are also endangering lives,” he said.
The outbreak of the new coronavirus in Hungary has entered its next stage, going from isolated cases to clusters, chief medical officer Cecília Müller said on Monday.
The cases identified in the country so far were either individual ones or within smaller communities,
she told a press conference after a meeting of the operative board coordinating the epidemic response. But in the coming days the epidemic is expected to appear in clusters, she added.
Müller advised those who could to stay at home and minimise social contact, saying all contact with others presented a risk of infection.