The Hungarian government, “as always”, is going into next week’s debate in connection with the European Union’s Article 7 procedure against Hungary with “straightforward and clear” arguments, Justice Minister Judit Varga said on Facebook on Wednesday.
“Next week, Europe’s tired and sick proceeding will come up again, as the following General Affairs Council meeting will discuss the Article 7 procedure, which is slowly becoming indifferent even to those who were previously so keen to attack Hungary,” the minister wrote in her English-language post.
Varga said it had been clear “for a long time” that liberal politicians wanted to punish Hungary for its refusal to fall in line and for “daring to say: we will defend our country and Europe’s borders,
we will not give up our sovereignty and we will protect Hungarian parents’ rights”.
“Of course, Brussels doesn’t like that,” she said, adding that “they share their plucked-from-the-air accusations under the guise of ‘independent and objective’ reports full of double standards that could be the subject of new political procedures.”
But the Hungarian government is prepared to debate, the minister said.
“Our professional arguments are straightforward and clear while our position is well known: For us, Hungary comes first!”
Read alsoEU trying to intervene in the Hungarian 2022 general election?
please make a donation here