Spending a night at a castle hotel sounds amazing, however, it comes at a cost. A weekend in Hungarian castle hotels can cost hundreds of thousands for the family.
As part of the National Castle and Forts Program, 30 monuments – 18 castles and 12 fortresses – will be renovated. – writes helllovidek.hu. They will not only regain their beauty but also receive new features.
A unique experience for the whole family
Old castles and castle parks are becoming suitable for families to relax and recharge. In addition, car parks and accommodation will be available for visitors. What is more, children’s programs and interactive museum activities will take place. These castles have a job- and community-creating power. Furthermore, they will strengthen the local economy. Last but not least, cafés, restaurants and museum shops will serve as tourist attractions.
Read alsoStar pâtissier’s award-winning pastry creations debut in Budapest
Located 20 kilometers from Debrecen, Borostyán Med Hotel is a modern luxury hotel. Guests may visit the private clinic which offers relaxing treatments. Moreover, there are themed fairy tale rooms designed to entertain children.
- Superior double room for 2 people 44, 000 HUF (110,41 EUR)
- Superior double room for 1 person 32, 000 HUF (80,29 EUR)
- Honeymoon Suite for 2 people HUF 60,000 (150,56 EUR)
- Junior Suite for 2 people 56, 000 HUF (140,52 EUR)
Prices are per night and include VAT. However, the local tourist tax is 400 HUF (1,0026 EUR)/person/night (from 18 years old), but it is currently suspended. It is also important to mention that pets are not allowed here.
- Buffet breakfast with unlimited champagne (08:00 – 10:00) – 4500 HUF (11,27 EUR) / person
- Buffet lunch (12:00 – 14:00) 4500 HUF (11,27 EUR) / person
- Buffet dinner (19:00 – 21:00) 4500 HUF (11,27 EUR) / person
A 15% service charge will be charged for buffet meals.
- unlimited use of wellness department
- indoor pool with drift corridor, 4 thermal jacuzzis, children’s pool, infrared sauna with salt therapy, 2 Finnish saunas
- free participation in the hotel’s daily programs
- unlimited WiFi use
- free parking
Unique in the Tokaj wine region, this chateau-style estate center is now home to the charming castle hotel. If someone is fond of wine, this is the perfect place to stay at. The 4-star, air-conditioned Castle Hotel Count Degenfeld awaits guests with 20 double rooms and one suite.
Accommodation for two nights:
- with breakfast 285,222 HUF (716,13 EUR)
- with breakfast and dinner 308,988 HUF (775,81 EUR)
Read alsoDay-trip to Szeged: discover Hungary’s 3rd largest city!
Simontornya is a quiet small town in Tolna County, close to Lake Balaton. A French castle park, vineyards, forests and beautiful landscapes surround the estate. They provide a truly peaceful environment for those who seek relaxation.
For a family with 4 members, the prices for 2 nights are the following:
Superior room with 3 beds:
- room price with breakfast – 109, 200 HUF (274,37 EUR)
- hello summer package – 125, 200 HUF (314,59 EUR)
- conveniently over 50 package – 131,200 HUF (329,67 EUR)
- far east adventure package – 131, 200 HUF (329,67 EUR)
- wine and wellness – 137,200 HUF (344,74 EUR)
Family double room:
- room price with breakfast – 117, 200 HUF (294,49 EUR)
- hello summer package – 135,200 HUF (339,72 EUR)
- conveniently over 50 package – 141,200 HUF (354,79 EUR)
- far east adventure package – 141,200 HUF (354,79 EUR)
- wine and wellness – 147,200 HUF (369,87 EUR)
The castle, now a four-star hotel, was built in 1868 by Levente Podmaniczky. The portico, the main entrance ending in a tympanum, the lysene windows and the arched interior all represent the classicist style. As for the accommodation, guests can choose among 4 room types.
- standard room – 198, 700 HUF (499,22 EUR) / person / 4 nights
- suite – 218, 800 HUF (549,72 EUR)/ person / 4 nights
- attic room – 182, 400 HUF (458,27 EUR) / person / 4 nights
- outside apartment (minimum 4 adults) – 182, 400 HUF (458,27 EUR) / person / 4 nights
Besides these fees, there can be additional costs. For example, tourist tax is 510 HUF (1,28 EUR) and for cats and dogs, one must pay an additional 5,000 HUF (12,56 EUR) / night.
Read alsoBudapest is among Europe’s cheapest cities in 2022!
please make a donation here