Why Does Hungary Attract More International Students Year By Year?
“Study in Hungary” education service (www.study-hungary.com) tried to answer to this question for Daily News Hungary.
Hungary attracts foreign students from both EU and non-EU countries. Three quarters of the students arriving to Hungary arrive from just ten countries, while one quarter of the students arrives from another 100 countries. Among the countries sending most students are Germany, Iran, Norway, Israel, Ukraine and Sweden, while the majority of guest students are citizens of the neighbouring countries. In the 2008/2009 academic year, the total number of foreign students studying in Hungary was 16 916, while this number was only 14 491 in 2005/2006. Currently this number is more than 20 000.
Main reasons to study in Hungary:
– Higher education in Hungary dates back to 1367 when Louis the Great founded the first Hungarian university in the city of Pécs;
– Hungary offers affordable tuition fees and living costs in European Union and Schengen area;
– Number of Nobel Prize Winners and scientific inventors got their education here;
– Easier admission procedure and fewer documents for getting acceptance compared to many other EU member countries;
– Hungary offers different type of scholarships for foreigners;
– Lots of education programmes are offered in English and German languages;
– Hungarian embassies issue education visas easier than other European Union and Schengen Member States;
– Residence permit issued in Hungary for foreign students allows them to travel to other Schengen countries without any visa;
– Number of low costs flights connect Hungarian cities to other countries and popular travel destinations;
– Employment opportunities in European Union during education years and after graduation, etc.
Study in Hungary provides services for foreigners who would like to get education in Hungary. This team provides education services already 3 years and yearly many students from Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Nigeria, United Kingdom, Ireland, Russia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkey, India, Moldova and other countries come to study in Hungary through this agency. Study in Hungary works based on the recruitment contracts with most of the Hungarian higher education institutes who offer programmes for international students.
If you want to get information about admission to Hungarian higher education institutions, don’t hesitate to contact Study in Hungary: