source: MTI/Mihádák Zoltán

The prosecutor’s office ordered the arrest of the attackers because there was reasonable suspicion that the three men had abused a Moroccan man because of his ethnicity. The arrest of the attackers was ordered by the court.

A 25-year-old, a 24-year-old, and a 20-year-old man, as well as several currently unknown companions, surrounded a Moroccan man and attacked him out of the blue, solely because of his ethnicity, on the 20th of December last year at a stop of tram 1 on Róbert Károly Boulevard and Reitter Ferenc Street, in District XIII of Budapest. The victim was first insulted and then physically abused by the attackers.

The Moroccan man was only able to escape his attackers on his second attempt, thanks to traffic. The physical assault resulted in minor injuries all over the victim’s body.

Investigators at the Budapest Police Headquarters arrested the 25-year-old man who was captured later the same day and identified two of his companions by June 2021. The police interrogated all three as suspects on the basis of a well-founded suspicion of a crime of violence against a member of a minority group.

The District Prosecutor’s Office of Budapest District V and XIII found that only the strictest coercive measures could be considered

in the case of the two suspects who are now in custody for the crime of aggravated assault. Therefore, the prosecutor has made a motion to the investigating judge to order their full arrest.

One of the suspects was previously sentenced by the court to a suspended custodial sentence for the same crime, and the other perpetrator is also currently subjected to another criminal proceeding for a similar act. The court agreed with the prosecutor’s motion and arrested the two men.

Vigilantes forcefully took back sold car in the middle of Budapest traffic – VIDEO

Hungarian Police was shocked by what they found in a 25-year-old’s apartment

In addition, another similarly shocking, aggressive crime has taken place in Budapest recently.

TEK Counter-Terrorism Centre Gas-alarm Gun
The suspect’s gas-alarm gun Photo: Image still from the recording of the Counter-Terrorism Centre (TEK)

A man threatened another with a gas-alarm gun in a downtown condominium. He was arrested by the Budapest police and by members of the Counter-Terrorism Centre (TEK).

A man reported suspicious activity to the Budapest Police Headquarters on June 18th, 2021, at 11:22 a.m.

According to the man, his neighbour, a 42-year-old man, pulled a gun on him.

The Budapest police immediately went to the scene, and a unit of the Counter-Terrorism Centre (TEK) arrived shortly after. While the authorities were arriving at the scene, the suspect locked himself into his own apartment.

The members of the Counter-Terrorism Centre (TEK) broke into the apartment at 12:40 and captured Krisztián G., and his gas-alarm gun which the perpetrator held to his neighbour was also found.

The 42-year-old man from Budapest was detained and is being investigated in the Police Headquarters of District VI where he was prosecuted for armed altercation. The perpetrator’s prosecution is currently in progress.

Read alsoHungarian Police caught Canadian murderers on the loose

Source: police.hu; 444.hu

1 comment
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.