Budapest (MTI) – The decision to call tenders for all European Union monies available for the 2014-2020 funding period by mid-2017 will make it easier to prevent difficulties that occured during the closing years of the previous funding period, Nandor Csepreghy, deputy state secretary for development policy communications, said on Wednesday.
The government is still busy with tasks related to project implementation even in the last year of the financial closing of the 2007-2013 funding period, a problem it hopes to avoid in the future, Csepreghy said.
Csepreghy noted that 60 percent of the 12,600 billion forints (EUR 40.8bn) granted to Hungary will be made available to businesses while the corresponding ratio was merely 16 percent during the previous funding period.
He said calling tenders for all EU monies by June of 2017 will give businesses a competitive advantage and allow them to receive funds quicker than other companies in the region. The move aims to finance investment projects that increase Hungary’s export capacities or create new jobs, he added.