debrecen torino
Debrecen, Hungary. Photo: MTI

Result of a soccer match played in the second qualifying round of the Europa League in Debrecen, in eastern Hungary, on Thursday:

Debrecen (HUN) – Torino (ITA) 1:4 (0:2)

The Italian team qualified for the third qualifying round with two victories, on an aggregate score of 1:7.

CS U Craiova (ROM) – Kispest Honvéd (HUN) 0-0 

The Romanian team qualified for the third qualifying round with with penalities (3-1).

Fehérvár defeat to Liechtenstein FC Vaduz

FC Vaduz 2-0 (0-0) MOL Fehérvár FC

Goals: Gajic 61, Coulibaly 100
FC Vaduz: Büchel — Sülüngöz, Sutter, Cicek (Coulibaly 72), Antoniazzi, Gajic, Schmid, Schwizer (Hofer 114), Dorn, Wieser (Prokopic 82), Göppel
MOL Fehérvár FC: Kovácsik — Stopira, Elek, Juhász, Fiola (Petrjak 46) — Pátkai, Nikolov, Huszti (Hodzic 103) — Milanov (Kovács 64), Scsepovics (Futács 83), Nego

Venue: Vaduz Rheinpark Stadion, attendance: 1,253
Referees: Manfredas Lukjancukas, Aleksandr Radiusas, Vladimir Gerasimov, Jurijus Paskovskis

MOL Fehérvár FC were in Europa League action on Thursday evening in Liechtenstien. A place in Q3 awaited the winners with Vidi going into the game leading 1-0 from the first leg.

Marko Nikolic had Máté Patkai in his starting eleven in place of Anel Hadzic. That meant a starting team of: Kovácsik – Fiola, Juhász, Elek, Stopira – Huszti, Nikolov, Pátkai – Nego, Scepovic, Milanov. Vaduz lined up as follows: Büchel – Sülüngöz, Schmid, Göppel – Dorn, Gajic, Wieser, Antoniazzi – Cicek, Schwizer – Sutter.

The first real chance arrived after 13 minutes. Nego won a free kick and Nikolov sent a ball forward towards Juhasz, who rose to head just wide of the right post. A further two chances came on 24 minutes: the first was a long range shot from Stopira, with the second seeing Scepovic shoot wide from 18 meters. Scepovic turned towards goal but keeper Buchel managed to save in the last second.

The first half came to an end with the score at 0-0.

Petryak came on to replace Fiola at half time as Vidi ran out for the second half. He had a chance straight away when a cross from Nego saw Pátkai break into the box and find the side netting with his right foot. Wieser turned on goal for the home side from 22 meters but his shot was saved by Kovacsik in the visiting goal. A 56th minute Huszti corner was met by the head of Juhasz, who flicked his effort just wide.

The home team went ahead on the night and levelled the score on aggregate after 63 minutes. Gajics was challenged by Nego and the referee pointed to the spot. Enzo Milan stood behind the ball to calmly find the back of the net to make it 1-0. Seconds later and a dangerous Gajics free kick went across the face of the goal without anyone connecting to it. Huszti’s 77th minute free kick found the head of Juhász, but the Vidi defender saw his header collected by keeper Buchel.

Schwizer hit his clean shot over while Scepovic came off to be replaced by Futács. There were no further real chances in the second half with the referee blowing for the end of 90 minutes and extra time. The 30 minutes of added time started with a cross from Sutter that saw Kovacsik twice save well before Schmid hit a shot over the bar. Huszti sent his free kick on 97 minutes towards the head of Juhasz, who found Nikolov, and the midfielder sent his effort over.

Vaduz doubled their lead after 100 minutes. Coulibaly went down the right and shot low and beyond the Vidi keeper to make it 2-0 on the night. Hodzic came on for Huszti after that goal with the first half of extra time coming to an end. There was to be no further change in the score, which meant that

Vaduz will go through to the Q3 to face Eintracht Frankfurt.

Source: MTI, Fehérvár

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.