It’s official! These are the most beautiful Hungarian restaurants and hotels
According to forbes.hu, a record amount of applicants entered this year’s Gastro & Hotel Design competition. The jury had to face a strong field of old but good and new hotels, restaurants. Let’s see the results!
The award show founded by PPH Media was slightly changed this year as they added the word ‘hotel’ to the name and also made the application process easier in order to encourage hotel chains.
For instance, several hotels that belong to the Danubius chain were renovated this year, which resulted in a lot of prizes. The Zsolnay Café of the Radisson Blu Béke Hotel was chosen as the “Gastro Design Café of the Year”, while the renovated Hotel Hilton won the award for the “Hotel Design Suite of the Year”.
The Avalon Resort & Spa was similarly successful in the “hotel design thematic” category, whereas the novelty of the year, Hotel Clark, made it to most categories: hotel design accommodation in the capital, hotel design yard/terrace, hotel design logo and hotel design new hotel.
The full list of winners
- Gastro Design Thematic Restaurant of the Year
- Gastro Design Thematic Restaurant of the Year: Veritas Wine Bar
- Gastro Design Restaurant of the Year: Gusteau Restaurant
- Gastro Design Café of the Year: Zsolnay Café
- Gastro Design Restaurant Logo of the Year: Viv.Vin City Vietnamese Restaurant
- Gastro Design Accessory of the Year: Fruska Bistro (informative plates)
- Gastro Design Plan of the Year: Gasztroudvar
HOTEL & SPA & WELLNESS
- Hotel Design Thematic Accommodation of the Year: Avalon Resort & Spa
- Hotel Design Capital Accommodation of the Year: Hotel Clark
- Hotel Design Countryside Accommodation of the Year: Hotel Neptun
- Hotel Design Spa & Wellness Service of the Year: Spirit Hotel Thermal Spa*****superior
- Hotel Design Guest Room of the Year: Stories Hotel Budapest
- Hotel Design Lobby of the Year: Hotel Clark
- Hotel Design Lobby of the Year (Special Prize): The Three Corners Lifestyle Hotel****
- Hotel Design Suite of the Year: Hilton Budapest
- Hotel Design Yard/Terrace of the Year: Hotel Clark
- Hotel Design New Accommodation of the Year: Hotel Clark
- Hotel Design New Accommodation of the Year (Special Prize for the concept): Deco Hostel & Beauty
- Digital Innovation Special Prize: KViHotel
- Hotel Design Logo of the Year: Hotel Clark
The jury was made up of Hungarian and international experts. The chief jury was Designer Zoltán Varró. The ‘Cool Award’ founded by Varró was awarded to Márton Lengyel for the new café-shop of Nanushka.
Featured image: www.facebook.com/HotelClark