The timetable on the Budapest-Tatabánya-Győr-Hegyeshalom-Austria main railway line will change from 18 September due to the reconstruction work on the line.
According to Pénzcentrum, the first phase will concern the segment between Biatorbágy and Szárliget. Based on the plans, it will last until 26 October. Therefore, passengers should expect longer travel times and replacement buses in some segments.
Only one train will commute on that segment every hour, providing an uninterrupted travel option between Budapest and Austria in each direction. But it will not stop between Kelenföld and Tatabánya stations. During the morning rush hours, some G10 trains and passenger trains will run on their full routes:
- the G10 train (4919) from Győr to Déli station, originally departing from Tatabánya at 5:34 AM
- the passenger train (9309, 9307) from Hegyeshalom to Keleti station, originally departing from Tatabánya at 6:29 AM and continuing at 7:29 AM
- at night, the G10 train (9318) from Keleti station to Győr, originally scheduled to depart at 21:40, will also run its full route.
- Huge trouble at Hungarian state railways: line cancellations may occur with MÁV’s response
- Complaints: Hungarian national railways MÁV on the edge of collapse – Read more HERE
Travel times increase significantly
No other trains will run the whole route. Therefore, express replacement buses will carry passengers between Tatabánya and Budaörs. Sopron and Szombathely InterCity trains will travel only to Tatabánya, from where you can reach Kelenföld with replacement buses. HERE you may find more information on the Hungarian State Railways’ (MÁV) official website.
According to turizmus.com, passengers should calculate with a 20-30 mins more travel time concerning domestic trains. Meanwhile, international travellers should add one hour.
please make a donation here