John Woods | Apr 21, 2019 | 0
The Fiumei Cemetery’s operator will restore the damaged graves at his own expense
The hvg.hu said that on Monday, the damage survey has been begun and at the same time the survey of the compensations to the holders of rights (who are involved because of the plots) also has been carried out, hvg.hu reports.
The Budapest Temetkezési Institute expresses its disapproval for the ’barbarian acts’ which happened at the Fiumei Cemetery. The index.hu, based on a reader’s photo, has reported vandalism: in the 43rd plot 17 graves have been damaged and set on fire. The marble graves had been knocked down and some of the grave’s cover had been removed.
Last Saturday, the National Police Headquarters said to MTI that the 7th district police headquarters are investigating the damage and looking for an unknown offender.
According to HVG, the Prime Minister has also disapproved the acts which happened in the Fiumei Cemetery.
based on article of hvg.hu
translated by Andrea Toth