Top 10 highest earning Hungarian athletes in 2018
There are 7 football players and only one woman among the athletes who were paid the most this year, so it seems it is still the best to kick the ball if you want to earn a fortune as a Hungarian athlete.
It is quite interesting that the list is led by the new Hungarian international, Willi Orban, who is paid EUR 3 million per year as the captain of the Bundesliga side RB Leipzig, claims Blikk.
The 26-year-old defender is the most valuable Hungarian player currently: he is worth EUR 15 million according to Transfermarkt.
He is followed by Ádám Hanga, the Hungarian basketball player of FC Barcelona Basketball, who earns EUR 2.5 million per year. The third place is taken by Balázs Dzsudzsák, midfielder of the United Arab Emirates side Al-Ittihad, who are trying to escape relegation. Balázs still earns EUR 2.2 million annually.
Five more football player made the list, namely Ádám Szalai, Nemanja Nikolics, Péter Gulácsi, Tamás Kádár and Krisztián Németh.
The highest earning woman is Timea Babos, tennis player, thanks to her victories in WTA doubles. Try not to forget about Márton Fucsovics either, who got through his best season so far, ended with an unfortunate injury. See the full list below:
- Willi Orban (football) EUR 3 million
- Ádám Hanga (basketball) EUR 2.5 million
- Balázs Dzsudzsák (football) EUR 2.2 million
- Ádám Szalai (football) EUR 1.7 million
- Nemanja Nikolics (football) EUR 1.9 million
- Timea Babos (tennis) USD 1.57 million
- Péter Gulácsi (football) EUR 1 million
- Kádár Tamás (football) EUR 0.9 million
- Márton Fucsovics (tennis) USD 1.041 million
- Krisztián Németh (football) USD 1 million
Hungarian athletes were quite successful this year: it is worth mentioning Katinka Hosszú becoming the best swimmer in the world for the fourth time, but we wrote about a Hungarian MMA fighter Alexandra Kovács crowned world champion in Bahrain as well as the Europa League adventures of Mol Vidi FC.
Featured Image: facebook.com/Willi-Orban-567561706704863