The parents and their two children were found together in their Budapest home.
A little over three months ago, Daily News Hungary reported the tragic accident of a Hungarian family in Florida. In that case, the two children were lucky to survive.
This accident, on the other hand, had a much worse ending. A family of 4 were found dead in their own home on Monday in the late hours in the VIth district of the Hungarian capital.
The two parents and their children were victims of a carbon-dioxide poisoning.
Blikk reported it first, based on their sources, that the family have been probably dead for days, even though they were found only on Monday.
Dr Qidan Munther was a much loved and appreciated family doctor/physician
who was commuting between Budapest and the big settlement of Tarpa in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, where he worked in his profession.
A waitress, working in the restaurant right next to the apartment, told origo.hu that his colleagues started to look for him after he had not shown up to work for several days. As there was no reaction or answer on his part, the police started a search. That is how he was found, together with his whole family, in their home in the capital. The firefighters had to break the windows to get inside.
Neither the employees of the restaurant nor the neighbours did smell absolutely anything of the lethal gas.
The waitress also added that all windows of their home were closed because the air-conditioning was on.
The family had no chance to survive the leaking as the gas could not exit the apartment. They were all suffocated.
One of the boys has just finished kindergarten and was about to start school next autumn. One of their neighbours was his kindergarten teacher.
“The little boy went to my class, I knew him well…I kissed his cheek just a week and a half ago. That was when I last saw him”, she said.
“They were a beautiful family. The older boy was already in school, and as my wife has said, the younger one would have started primary school. Their mother was beautiful, too”, added the teacher’s husband.
The news completely shocked everyone who knew them; even an official announcement was posted on Facebook by the settlement of Tarpa, expressing their condolences to their relatives and referring to him and the whole of his family as the settlement’s own deceased.
The spokesperson of the firefighters said that the provider was called immediately to cut the flow of the gas, to find out which appliance could have caused the tragedy. However, the malfunctioning machine was not specified.
May they rest in peace.
Source: origo.hu, blikk.hu, 24.hu