From 6 May, MÁV-Volán Group will introduce a new discounted Veszprém-Balaton EKF24 day ticket. The 24-hour ticket is valid for trains, Volán buses and even local V-bus services in the Veszprém area.
Veszprém, European Capital of Culture
It is worth taking advantage of public transport even if you are only visiting the European Capital of Culture for a day, or other related events organised in the region, the MÁV-Volán group said on its website. Those travelling to priority programmes can still choose the Veszprém-Balaton 2023 EKF ticket. The ticket offers a cost-effective alternative for the outward and return journey.
Discounted travel offers are available for visitors to Veszprém, for the European Capital of Culture programmes.
The latest ticket product is for those who come to Veszprém or to events in the area for just one day.
Travel around Lake Balaton with one ticket!
You can now travel on the following routes with a single day ticket:
- on the MÁV-START Budapest-Veszprém-Szombathely line on the sections between Várpalota-Veszprém-Ajka;
- on the Veszprém-Győr line between Veszprém-Porva-Csesznek, on the Székesfehérvár-Balatonfüred-Tapolca line between Balatonfőkajár felső-Tapolca;
- on the Balatonszentgyörgy-Sümeg section of the Balatonszentgyörgy-Keszthely-Tapolca-Ukk line;
- and on the Balatonvilágos-Vörs section of the Székesfehérvár-Siófok-Fonyód-Balatonszentgyörgy-Nagykanizsa line,
- and on several regional intercity services of Volánbus;
- and within Veszprém, on the local intercity services of the Volánbus and the local V-Bus.
The new Veszprém-Balaton EKF24 day ticket is valid until 24 hours after the selected date or the scheduled departure time of the selected service from the given station.
The reduced price day ticket of HUF 1990 (EUR 5.34) is only valid in 2nd class on trains.
For all operators, the ticket must be accompanied by a surcharge – including the supplementary long-distance ticket for buses and coaches on services with an enhanced level of service, and the class supplement for rail travel – if the passenger is travelling on a service for which a surcharge is compulsory.