Boraszportal.hu reports that the Ministry of Agriculture organized a national tasting for red wine and at this very occasion the 8 best red wines were chosen. Now the site lets us know which these were, the best of the bests.
The Ministry of Agriculture organized the red wines’ tasting for the third time: the accepted entries were tasted by the National Wine Experts Committee (OBB), but before the book containing the results was released the organizers shared the list of the best red wines with Vinoport.
Please note that the new form of the publication includes the English text as well, so, unlike earlier, this time there is no separated book for the English descriptions. Furthermore, the previous evaluation system of 3-4-5 stars changed too.
Now the wines are enlisted in two categories: Excellent Wines (the previous 3- and 4-star categories together) and the Top Excellent Wines (the former 5-star category). This year 274 entries were submitted to win the Red Excellent Wine title, 137 of them were named Excellent, while 8 won the Top Excellent title.
And here are the 8 Top Excellent Wines of the country: (in order of winery, wine, year)
- Egri Korona Borház, Jumurdzsák, 2012
- Gróf Buttler, Egri Kadarka Superior, 2013
- Karner Gábor Kézműves Borászat, Vitézek földje, 2012
- Kecze-Hady Kézműves Pince, Zsófia Cuvée, 2013
- Liszkay Borkúria, Liszkay Cabernet Sauvignon, 2011
- Pósta Borház, Cabernet Franc, 2012
- Stier Pincészet, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013
- Wassmann Pince, Villányi Kékfrankos, 2013
Besides, you can read the full list of the evaluated red wines of Hungary in the article of vinoport.hu.
Copy editor: bm
Source: boraszportal.hu, vinoport.hu