If you want to enjoy your pool, a swimming pool installation is only the first step. The true work starts when you have to put an effort to keep the pool clean and well maintained at all times. Skimming a net across the water surface, adding some store-bought or homemade chemicals – these are not enough to keep the pool squeaky clean. Often, pool owners are tempted to use these tricks to save some bucks but in the long run, these don’t produce any impact. A DIY approach is almost all the time investing in a false economy. If you want the pool to be clean and well maintained, you need to put in some more effort.
Do you wonder why it is important to have the pool well maintained and professionally cleaned throughout its entire lifetime? Also, what are some of the pros and cons of keeping the pool clean and clear? Today’s blog will take a look at all these. Make sure to read to the end to find all about it.
Choose an experienced professional team
Selecting the right company is crucial to maintain a pool as the team will install the pool in the first place. Before booking, check how long the company is operating in the industry and also the qualification of the engineers. A company with skilled engineers with a long record can properly leverage their experience. They will keep the pool in proper condition and fix all possible problems without any hassle.
Use professional cleaning equipment
If you want to maintain the pool properly, you should use high-end tools. These will ensure that the pool is in proper condition. If you are not sure how to use these tools, it’s better not to try your immature hands and engage professional swimming pool services. The experts will thoroughly clean the pool.
Some actionable insights
If you are overwhelmed with so many tips recommended by many swimming pool owners around you, we are here to guide you. Here is a handy list of all the things you should pay attention to:
- Running the pool filter for at least 12 hours – if you run it for a longer time, it will provide you with better water quality
- Testing and properly fixing the sanitizer level
- Inspecting the pool water for color, clarity, and any visible contaminant
- Measuring the water temperature
- Testing and properly adjusting pH
- Emptying the pump basket and skimmer regularly
- Testing and consequently adjusting the oxidizer as well as stabilizer levels
- Testing and properly adjusting water alkalinity
- Removing debris and leaves
- Brushing the pool walls and floor. If required, make sure to vacuum the pool
- Checking the filter pressure and then backwash if necessary
- Measure the water level and then adjust as required
- Pay attention to adding the preventative dose of algaecide
- Measuring and consequently adjusting the calcium hardness of water
- Measuring and adjusting the entire dissolved solids
- Taking some samples of the pool water and get it analyzed by a pool water expert
- Testing the trace of metals and then adjusting as required
- Testing the levels of cyanuric acid levels – unless you have used stabilized chlorine, make sure to test the water at least once every two weeks
- Clean the filter chemically
- Inspect tile, sealant, grout, and various other elements of the pool
- Conduct a Langelier Saturation Index test and adjust as necessary
Also, if you are not sure how to clean a green swimming pool, it’s recommended to engage a professional swimming pool cleaning company. A green swimming pool indicates the accumulation of algae and other elements. It’s often tricky to clean such a pool all by yourself, especially if you don’t have adequate expertise.
Keep in mind that maintaining any pond depends on the condition of that pool. For instance, if you own a pool for private usage at your resort, it won’t be too much dirty even after a week or two. On the other hand, if you own a commercial pool at a swimming training center or at a hotel, or at an amusement park, numerous people will use the pool. This will make the pool dirty within a short time. Such a pool will require a professional cleaning process or maintenance at a regular interval.
Importance of maintaining chemical balance and water purity
One of the most crucial steps of maintaining a swimming pool is to check its water purity as well as chemical balance. Understanding these two can be a bit confusing for inexperienced people. And due to this complexity, it’s important to get your pool checked by qualified staff at a professional company. They will check the pH level, monitor chemical hardness, and also pay attention to the stabilizer status. Depending on the result, they will adjust the levels and status as required.
Advantage of filter, filtration equipment, and pump
A pool filter and the pump is at the center of the pool and these require regular checking and setting. It’s quite difficult to tackle these all by yourself unless you are properly trained. The pieces of equipment are costly and these will require a high amount if you seek to replace these. An inexperienced hand will only lead to damaging the equipment.
If something goes wrong with the pool, a certified and qualified pool engineer can spot the issue even before you can. Such issues are common but may be disastrous if you don’t deal with these at the very beginning.
Cover the pool in the winter and always make sure it opens in the summer. Also, before opening, ensure to cleaning the pool properly to avoid any health hazards.
We hope that the actionable insights mentioned in the blog gave you a comprehensive idea of where to start when it comes to cleaning and maintaining your swimming pool. If you are looking for an extensive swimming pool service, feel free to contact our experts.
Suggested Resource: Patio covers can go a long way to enhance your backyard and pool-side area. Easy to install and durable, aluminum patio covers remain a popular choice for many homeowners itching to complete a DIY project.
please make a donation here