One of the best things in the months of November and December is the festive preparation and the Christmas markets are strongly connected to this, as nlcafe reports. Let’s see when these markets start!
Advent Markets have been spreading more and more. Getting closer to Christmas we can jump into the festive whirl on the squares of every larger city. Family programs, handicrafts, mulled wine and chimney cake… Nothing else is needed for getting into the festive mood. But it is good to know when these Christmas markets start before getting ready to go out.
The first Sunday of Advent is on the 27th November, and this is when the Advent period officially starts. But some put it a bit forward in our accelerated world, and think about the shops which are already full of Christmas products. Therefore, the Christmas markets tend to start earlier.
- The Advent and Christmas Market on Vörösmarty Square, Budapest, started on the 11th November.
- The Advent Feast at the Basilica in Budapest starts on the 25th November.
- The Advent festive program series start on the 27th November on the Kossuth Square in Debrecen.
- Markets/Programs start on the 27th November: Vác, Szentendre, Gyula, Székesfehérvár, Gyöngyös, Szekszárd, Keszthely, Cegléd.
- The Advent Handicraft Market in Pécs and the Advent Feast in Sopron can be visited from the 25th November.
- Advent Waiting lasts from 25th November until 6th January. The program series take place on the main square of Tapolca.
Copy editor: bm