TripAdvisor compiled this year’s list of the best restaurants in the world, but, unfortunately, no Hungarian restaurant made the cut, penzcentrum.hu reports. Nevertheless, TripAdvisor created another list (based on users’ reviews) about the 10 best Hungarian restaurants. Curious about which restaurants made the cut? Keep on reading.
Every year, TripAdvisor takes a look at the millions of reviews that users write, and compiles several lists of the best restaurants in the world, in a particular continent and, of course, in certain countries. Before going through the whole list, first, let’s take a look at the top three restaurants in Hungary.
Arany Kaviár is the No. 1 Hungarian restaurant on TripAdvisor’s list.
Borkonyha was rated No. 2, thus it is the second best restaurant in Hungary according to TripAdvisor users.
The third runner-up on TripAdvisor’s list is Costes Downtown.
Here is TripAdvisor’s full list of the top 10 restaurants in Hungary:
- Arany Kaviár Étterem (19 Ostrom street, Budapest, 1015)
- Borkonyha (3 Sas street, Budapest, 1051)
- Costes Downtown (5 Vigyázó Ferenc street, Budapest, 1051)
- Baraka (6 Dorottya street, Budapest, 1051)
- Costes (4 Ráday street, Budapest, 1092)
- Onyx étterem (7 Vörösmarty square, Budapest, 1051)
- KOLLÁZS – Brasserie & Bar (5 Széchenyi István square, Budapest, 1051)
- La Perle Noire Restaurant and Lounge (111 Andrássy Avenue, Budapest, 1063.)
- St. Andrea Wine & Gourmet Bar (78 Bajcsy-Zsilinszky street, Budapest, 1055)
- Halászbástya Étterem (Buda Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion, Budapest, 1014)
All 10 restaurants can be found in the capital. Interestingly, no restaurant from the countryside made the cut. This is probably due to the fact that the vast majority of TripAdvisor users are travellers (tourists), and Budapest is the most popular Hungarian travel destination. Thus, from the many restaurants in Hungary, TripAdvisor users are mostly visiting and rating the ones located in Budapest.
Unfortunately, no Hungarian restaurant made it to the list of the best restaurants in the world. Based on their TripAdvisor reviews, the first and the second best restaurants in the world are both located in the United Kingdom: The Black Swan at Oldstead and Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons.
While a French place called Maison Lameloise “won” the third place. You can check out the full list here.
TripAdvisor also compiled a list about the best European restaurants. Unfortunately, there is no Hungarian restaurant among the continent’s bests, either. As one might guess from the previous list, the European list was also dominated by restaurants from the United Kingdom (5) and France (5), but Spain was also a strong candidate with its 5 restaurants within the top 25 in Europe. You can check out the full European list here.